Sunday, June 5, 2011

About a Million Ideas...



WERE floating around in my head, waiting to be written.

And then.

Oh, and then.

I got a viral infection from the kids I tutor.

Which has subsequently turned into ( I think) a Strep Infection From Hell.

I now know what I would look like on steroids.

Thanks lymph nodes. You're huge and feel like marbles. Awesome. I can feel you on my neck and in between my legs.

The weird thing is, I almost felt myself wanting a blessing. Even though nobody I know here has "The Power." Even though it means nothing, and would mean nothing, it's nice to...what? Know somebody is thinking of you? That they're hoping you get better?

When I was about 11 years old, I had a nasty case of the stomach flu. I laid on the couch clutching my stomach almost in tears. I hate throwing up and I hate stomach pain. I remember reading some story, probably in The Friend, about a girl who was sick and asked her dad for a blessing.

I begged my dad to come give me a blessing, knowing that it would make me feel better.

Guess what?

It didn't.

So, y'all, send your thoughts my way. If my lymph nodes get smaller, you'll know I got them.

If they don't, well the mail here on this island is delayed all the time. :)

- Emily

1 comment:

Share your thoughts:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...